11 Jan TSP041 | Alicia Robb – Rising Tide Fund
Listen To The Episode Here
Alicia Robb is a senior fellow with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and the author of A Rising Tide: Financing Strategies for Women-Owned Firms. Alicia talks to us on what it’s like to work with the co-founder of Portfolia and the work that she’s doing with the Rising Tide Fund. She also said there are many books and resources out there, but you should always get involved with your local startup community to learn from people who are already in the trenches.
- 01:50 – How did Alicia get started?
- 04:00 – Why did Alicia work for the Federal Reserve Board?
- 06:15 – Are we currently in a tech bubble?
- 07:15 – What is it like being a senior fellow at the Kauffman Foundation?
- 10:00 – Is it easier to get funding today than it was a couple of years ago?
- 12:00 – Alicia talks about Portfolia.
- 17:40 – You don’t have to give up equity in return for funding.
- 20:25 – What makes a good pitch?
- 22:15 – Rising Tide members are located all over the states.
- 23:30 – It’s hard to be an entrepreneur, so you have to have passion.
- 26:25 – Alicia recommends the Kauffman School for more resources.
- 27:10 – Get involved with your startup community.
- 27:50 – What is 1 Million Cups about?
A Rising Tide by Alicia Robb
Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
Startup Communities by Brad Feld
1 Million Cups
Alicia Robb Twitter
Forbes – Kauffman
Crack The Funding Code!
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’