24 May Pitch An Angel With Hustle, Angela Lee | TSP061
Listen To The Episode Here
Angela Lee is the CEO and Founder of 37 Angels, a community of woman investors who are passionate about investing in early stage companies. Angela’s goal is to bring the number of women investors up from 13% to 37% and provides a ton of helpful resources through her website on how woman interested in this space can get into investing. She shares her criteria for what she looks for in a founder and what she likes to see in a pitch on the show.
What Was Covered
- 05:00 – Angela became an investor by accident.
- 06:40 – What kind of qualities does Angela look for?
- 09:50 – You have to fundraise in an organized way.
- 11:30 – Why did Angela create 37 Angels, 3 years ago?
- 13:40 – Investors do not have all the power. The power is shared equally because both the entrepreneur and the investor want the same thing.
- 14:15 – Who is Angela’s ideal founder?
- 15:10 – Angela talks about the various industries she and her team likes to invest in.
- 18:10 – How should someone pitch Angela?
- 18:25 – Don’t pitch the product, pitch the business. The product will most likely change.
- 20:15 – We live in a world where we can do so much for so little from a monetary perspective.
- 21:25 – What are the three instances where your customer is going to use your services?
- 25:00 – Typically, for each million you want, you will give 20-25% equity for it.
- 26:10 – Angela recommends two books.
- 27:45 – 37angels.com has extensive resources that are helpful to founders.
- 28:15 – Not all accelerator programs are created equal.
- 29:00 – Angela loves Hire An Esquire.
- 29:10 – By 2020 – 40% of our workforce is going to be freelance.
- 30:40 – Angela will often ask a founder, ‘Why?’
- 31:35 – 37 Angels is an angel investor network as well as a training program for aspiring women investors.
Want the Transcription?
Crack The Funding Code!
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’