16 Oct TSP029 | Ben Narasin – VC Secrets To Pitching
Listen To The Podcast Here
Ben Narasin is the General Partner for Canvas Venture Fund. He has 25 years experience has an entrepreneur and started the company Fashionmall.com, one of the first e-commerce sites in 1993. Ben tells the audience that he likes to look for tenacity in an entrepreneur and breaks down what he likes to see in pitch slides. Ben also gives a deep dive into what kind of financial ranges you can expect to find in a pre-seed, seed, and series A round.
- 02:00 – Ben started his first company when he was 12. He shares a bit of his background.
- 03:50 – What makes a winning pitch in Ben’s eyes?
- 07:25 – Remember, your pitch is the table of contents.
- 07:40 – Ben breaks down in what order he usually likes to see pitch slides.
- 09:40 – What does Ben look for in an entrepreneur? Tenacity.
- 12:40 – You have to say no to the hundred million exit offers if you want to build a billion dollar company.
- 13:35 – Ben talks Fido Labs.
- 18:35 – There’s nothing worse than being right at the wrong time. Get in early, but not too early.
- 21:50 – Ben is always looking for the next big shift/idea.
- 25:50 – How much is pre-seed, seed, and series A investing usually?
- 29:20 – Money as a sole-driving force just doesn’t cut it.
- 30:55 – Ben recommends a couple of books.
- 32:45 – The dollars that come with your successful are just a natural consequence.
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’