25 Sep TSP026 | Jon Paul – Harder Faster Cheaper Is Not A Change In Direction
Listen To The Podcast Here
Jon Paul is the CEO of Value Added Finance Resources and brings an incredible amount of experience to this interview. Jon has turned companies hitting rock bottom around to multiple million dollar revenue streams. He prevents entrepreneurs, nonprofits, and startups from making key mistakes that could ruin their success as a business. Jon talks on several different ways you can value your company and how you can prevent a down round from happening on your second round of funding.
- 02:10 – Harder, faster, cheaper is not a change in direction.
- 03:15 – What’s Jon’s background?
- 06:55 – Jon talks on helping a telecom provider grow their stock from $2 to $65 in two years.
- 12:45 – How much equity should I gave a CTO or someone similar?
- 14:30 – How do you value a company accurately?
- 19:15 – What’s a down round?
- 21:05 – How can you prevent a down round from happening?
- 23:45 – Tips to keep in mind when pitching?
- 28:45 – Founders need opposite partners. Example: The risk taker who has someone to watch his back.
Disrupting Class by Clayton Christensen
The Innovator’s Dilemma by Clayton Christensen
Competitive Strategy by Michael E. Porter
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
People Smart in Business by Tony Alessandra and Michael J. O’Connor
Content Chemistry by Andy Crestodina
Value Added Finance Resources
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’