02 Sep TSP023 | Lex Deak – Deal Flow At Your Fingertips Tinder Style
Listen To The Podcast Here
Lex Deak is the Founder and Managing Partner for QVentures, the Founder and CEO for Tendr Deals (renamed to OFF3R), and he is also the Ambassador for The Supper Club. QVentures has funded 14 companies and Lex talks on one key company that stands out from the rest. Lex also talks on the importance of listening more than you speak at a entrepreneur networking event and why it’s important to read books you disagree with. It all comes down to diversifying yourself and keeping yourself knowledgeable on upcoming trends.
- 01:35 – What’s Lex’s philosophy on ‘the entrepreneurial spirit’?
- 05:00 – What is The Supper Club?
- 07:30 – As a young entrepreneur, you should listen 5x as much as you talk.
- 08:15 – How did QVentures get started?
- 11:45 – Lex talks about Stratajet.
- 14:35 – An angel investor has to be impressed with the product as well as the founder/team.
- 17:20 – Lex talks about Tendr Deals
- 23:50 – What problems is Tendr Deals solving? John does a recap.
- 27:30 – What are some of Lex’s favorite books?
- 29:10 – Lex disagrees with a lot of what he reads, but diversity is the key.
- 29:55 – You can follow Lex on Twitter @LexDeak
The Super Club
The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder
The Chimp Paradox by Steve Peters
Big Data For Dummies by Judith Hurwitz, Alan Nugent, Fern Halper, and Marcia Kaufman
Zero to One by Peter Thiel
Lex Deak Twitter
Tendr Deals Twitter
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’