18 Sep TSP025 | Nasir Ali – How To Be Extremely Coachable, But Not At All Impressionable
Listen To The Podcast Here
Nasir Ali is an angel investor for Seed Capital Fund, the co-founder of a non-profit called Upstate Venture Connect, and he’s the managing director for StartFast Venture Accelerator. Nasir shares his insights on what his companies look for in a pitch and the importance of coachability in an entrepreneur. Nasir believes data will point you to all the right answers and shares an example of a company who had to pivot four times based on new data they had collected.
- 01:55 – Nasir shares his story on why he loves startups.
- 05:00 – What’s the Seed Capital Fund’s process?
- 06:20 – What does Nasir look for in a pitch?
- 08:20 – Nasir explains common pitch mistakes new entrepreneurs make.
- 10:55 – Nasir talks about Chequed and what they did right in their pitch.
- 15:50 – How does Nasir help startups?
- 20:00 – Coachability is sometimes a double-edged sword, but it’s a critical key in an entrepreneur.
- 21:25 – It’s always about the data. The data will lead you towards or away from an action.
- 21:55 – Nasir shares a story about SpinCar and how they pivoted four times.
- 27:20 – What does StartFast’s demo day entail?
- 30:00 – Nasir talks Upstate Venture Connect.
- 33:30 – Recommended reading? Startup Communities by Brad Feld and The Rainforest by Victor Hwang and Greg Horowitt.
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’